Forrest is a small town of around 200 residents. Originally established around the hard wood logging industry, there are many old disused mill sites the show the heritage of the area.
There is numerous food options in town, including The Corner Store - Bike Shop & Cafe, the Forrest Country Guest House, & the Forrest Brewery.
Many accomodation options
The Otway Odyssey , Forrest Festival, Run Forrest, Chase the Dog along with other events form part of the now vibrant events calendar in Forrest
Once you are here, there are plenty of activities to get into.
- Mountain biking
- Road cyling - great for hill training
- Lake Elizabeth for bush walking and platypus sightings
- Drives around the surrounding area - Lorne, Apollo Bay, Gellibrand
- Beechy Rail trail that leaves from Colac to Beech Forrest
- Otway Fly
- Fishing and surfing
- Great family picnic/BBQ set up at the West Barwon Dam in Forrest
- Berry farms and wineries in Deans Marsh area
Mobile coverage is excellent in Forrest with the Telstra 3g network.